Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bridges

I love bridges. It is one of the reasons why I chose to study civil engineering last time. Not knowing that love to see is not equal to love to make one. But anyway we never learned how to construct bridges, or maybe we learned the concept, but I was not smart enough to figure out how to apply the concept to construct a bridge. I did not stay long enough in the industry to find out how. Anyway, I still love bridges.

So I heard and read reviews about the new Southern Ridges walk with two prominent bridges, Henderson Waves and Alexandra Arch as part of the must-see items. I searched NParks website, and I was surprised they have quite a good tool there. Basically you can plan your walk from the website based on what you like, when, and who you are going with. Quite impressive and informative.

I figured that a small group may be best for this kind of activity. Now comes the difficult part, who can I ask to join me walking in this 9km route? Maybe in the end I just have to go with Ihin, just the two of us, and pretend that we are actually in Japan for our 3rd honeymoon. Hmm.. let's see if I can do the walk this weekend.

2 comments:

Sentosa Gani said...

you know, there is a double helix bridge to connect marina center and upcoming marina bay sands... it is very near to Pan Pacific Hotel and Singapore Flyer

neetha said...

Really? I am not sure if I know it. Rarely go there. Btw, I haven't done the walk, don't think can do it anytime soon..sigh...