Yesterday was our matriculation day. We met our classmates for the first time. It was quite surprising, because initially we thought our class will be fulled of engineers and technical people. There were only five engineers/scientists, including both of us (well, I am not really an engineer, but at least I came from engineering background).
We have quite an interesting mixture, and I am surprised to see some of them are actually experienced practitioners in finance or economics field. I guess the class discussion will be interesting. I just hope they don't use advanced economics terms, otherwise I will be blur like sotong.
Being a new comer in economics (both of us got "C" for Principle of Econs during undergrad time), we definitely have a lot of things to learn. Even the Mathematics (Statistics) is not easy. I thought we have an advantage, but oh my God, what is this linear regression about? Despite loving Maths, I did not have any interest in Statistics until it was too late to realize that Statistics is the most practical and useful Maths ever.
The fact that my endurance for long hour study has diminished significantly since I left school 5 years ago does not help at all. I sat down with my book in my comfortable sofa since 5pm yesterday, and I slept throughout until past midnight. Only about 1am in the morning I can finally concentrate a little bit and read a little bit, before being stucked every half a page. Talking about getting old...
I have heard about the side effect of getting old, but I never take it seriously until now. It is really really true. It is not as easy as before to get my brain works at its optimum speed. I guess starting next week I am going to enroll myself in library regime again just like my undergraduate days. Lucky enough SMU library is just few MRT stops away and it opens until midnight. Hopefully the smell, the ambience and the temperature of library will help to improve my brain function. Till then, let me enjoy watching animes, movies, and TV series...
Friday, August 8, 2008
Getting Old?
Posted by
neetha
at
2:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment